Today was a long travel day that started with a shady ride to the airport. Our cabbie turned off his cab to come and get us because we were a bit late for our 6am Pick-up, and then his cab wouldn't start back up again. He called for a back-up, which we were very happy about, but he managed to get it started again just in time.
So despite his low oil and tire pressure, he took us to terminal 3, which may be the most barren airport terminal on the face of the planet! All I wanted was a good cup of coffee. But Terminal 3 has zero options for coffee. There was a tims behind a glass barrier, but that was it, so I settled for a crappy coffee from a crappy vendor. The good news was it had some caffeine in it, so despite it's crappiness, I was less of a grump after drinking it.
The flight to Miami was uneventful thankfully. I did my Pimsler Spanish lessons, and was once again reminded how much I hate when people clap as soon as the wheels hit the runway. I'm always glad when my plane lands, don't get me wrong, but a) the plane could still crash until it has come to a complete stop and b) no one claps for me when I finish an energy model or water use calculation, why should I clap for the pilots for doing their job? Just sayin'.
We did some browsing at the airport in Miami, but it was mostly just seeing what was there for our 5 hour layover on the way home. For anyone flying through MIA, the lunch we had at the Mohito bar was incredible.
I had the turkey, Brie and currant sandwich with a peach Mohito. Yum, yum!
The man in front of me on the flight to Lima had his music so loud that I could hear the lyrics to the songs he was listening to through the airplane noise and my earplugs. Dude, turn it down, you're going to go deaf! Otherwise, the flight was again uneventful. I learned a bit more Spanish and slept.
Unfortunately our flight was delayed by over an hour, so our Airport pick-up left the airport without us. It probably didn't help that we organized our flight from Cuzco to Puerto Maldonato in the baggage pick-up area... We got a taxi akin to the airport limos in TO to take us to our b&b. Ke$ha was playing when we got in, which we took as a good sign for the trip.



0 comments:
Post a Comment