lyndsey likes (and Lyndsey) have moved! Searching at the new site, Local Abroad...

lyndsey likes...: Mom and dad come to town

Monday, October 21, 2013

Mom and dad come to town

My mom and dad started their three week vacation with a visit here with R and I!

I thought their flight arrived at 12:50, but when I went to check their itinerary I was surprised to see that it was 12:10. I was glad that it was still 11:50 until we checked the Schiphol arrivals, and found that their plane had already landed! We got right on the road and raced to the airport. Thankfully they were still waiting for their luggage, so they didn't have to wait any longer for us.

We had arranged for them to be a bit early at the bed and breakfast Groen & Blauw in town so they could have a nap and relax for a bit after their flight. Since it wasn't time yet, we came back to R's apartment and hung out for a bit.

We came back to get them for a walk around the area on our way to R's parents' house for dinner.

A personal greenhouse and garden along the marathon route

Dutch house

Wooden Shoes!
R's mom made a delicious meal for us, and all of R's family showed up at some point, so my parents got to meat the whole gang! It was a lovely evening.

0 comments:

Post a Comment