lyndsey likes (and Lyndsey) have moved! Searching at the new site, Local Abroad...

lyndsey likes...: Black eyes and orthotics

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Black eyes and orthotics

I played two ultimate frisbee games last week,  the Tossers played to a tie on Wednesday, and then Flick This lost on Thursday.  This was also the game in which I was hit in the face by a disc headed for the endzone, resulting in a fairly large gpose egg on my eyebrow and subsequent black eye.  The swelling is all but gone, and the bruising is mostly gone.

YARRR played at Stall Fall in Guelph on the weekend.  I forgot my orthotics, and my feet, ankles, calves, knees, thighs and hips are still hurting from the affiar.  Thank goodness I only played on Saturday!  Though I'm pretty sure walking around in white disco boots all night didn't help matters...  We played well, and hard, and came in 4th in the A division.  Great improvement from last year.

I've been doing my stretches for my knees.  They still hurt from the weekend, but my legs feel a lot better.  Here's hoping they make a difference!

2 comments:

  1. why the HECK isn't this blog up and running?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking to it Ali, I forgot I had it! I think I'll turn this into a 'things I like' blog, including travel, food, diy projects, knitting and training! Is that too much??

    ReplyDelete