I decided when I started to get to Zero Waste that I would take things as slowly as possible, and replace items with re-useable/bulk options as I run out. Seeing as I knew I was going to run out of the cotton make-up removal pads I use to put toner on my face after washing it, I thought those would be another quick and easy sewing project!
I got some waffle looking cotton that looked absorbent, and it turned out to be very absorbent! I also used some of the leftover white cotton from my tie up shades project!
As with the handkerchiefs, I
was pretty lax about getting the fabric square. I cut each of the fabrics in into 3 inch squares and sewed them together, leaving a small opening in one side so you can turn them right side out.
Clip the corners, then turn them right side out.
Press, making sure that the unsewn part is completely turned under. Sew around the outside. I used fun pink and teal!
I use each only once to put toner on my face, then wash them in a mesh laundry bag. I figure they'll last longer that way.
WOW you are so awesome :D truly an inspiration! They look pretty durable and it's good that you have enough to last the week before they need to be washed. It'll be cool to see how long they last.
ReplyDeleteI need you to make me some of these ;) ......or come over and teach me how to use my sewing machine ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm a big fan of 'teaching a man to fish' so I'll come over sometime to teach you how! I want to make a few design changes, mostly sewing an 'x' in the middle to keep the sides together.
ReplyDelete