I bought some new runners, compression pants and a simple shell at the end of last year, knowing that I was going to have to do some serious training in the coming months, and that I would need to keep warm and look awesome.
Let me first talk about how awesome my Under Armor ColdGear® Frosty Compression Tights are. I have never worn compression anything before, and I am now going to have to invest in something like these for the summer as well! I have struggled for a long time with my knees - patellofemoral - and have done a total of zero of the exercises my physiotherapist gave me back in August before I went to Peru. I even had to stop running the Waterfront 5k that Ali and I did back in September because it hurt so much, so needless to say I was a bit nervous about running again. But they didn't hurt at all! And they kept my legs warm in the cold and wind.
The shoes are cushioning Asics Gel Nimbus 13's in Lighting/White/Magenta. I didn't know when I bought then that that was the colour, but I'm so happy my shoes have the word 'lightning' associated with them! I had to adjust the laces a little bit
![]() | |
| Self photos at this angle are not flattering for me! |
In other, less exciting news, my camera is broken. That's why there has been an extreme lack of photos. When I was in the Netherlands and R's sister was awesome and loaned me her camera, which is why there were so many there! My 'to do' list this week includes taking it in for it to be fixed and/or replaced.

YAY!!! DM , new tights and shoes! you are training :) it is warmer today I may have to join you on your outside running plan!
ReplyDelete