lyndsey likes (and Lyndsey) have moved! Searching at the new site, Local Abroad...

lyndsey likes...: Waste Tracking Update - Week 1

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Waste Tracking Update - Week 1



The results are in, and, while I obviously could have done better, I could also have done a lot worse too! This week, I chose to eat out at the bakery close to work that uses local produce and packages their sandwiches in paper bags rather than the Thai place that uses styrofoam when I forgot my lunch at home. I also went to the St. Lawrence Farmer's Market to get some local produce, where I was complimented for my use of reusable bags!


On a somewhat related not, I just started reading "Sleeping Naked is Green," which is the book based on the blog "Green as a Thistle." The author, Vanessa Farquharson, challenges herself to make one green change to her lifestyle every day for a year. The description says she goes to the extremes of selling her car, unplugging the fridge, and washing her hair with vinegar, but she also does easy things like switching to an all-natural lip balm. I only just hit the part where she turns off her freezer, though. It's supposed to be an honest look at what happens when an average girl throws herself into the depths of the green movement, and so far, I like it.

2 comments:

  1. I love this....I think I'm going to start tracking too :) and possibly read that book....

    ReplyDelete