lyndsey likes (and Lyndsey) have moved! Searching at the new site, Local Abroad...

lyndsey likes...: Mild oversight in my baking experiment

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Mild oversight in my baking experiment

In my quest to do some baking yesterday, I broke R's oven. It had nothing to do with the fact that it was 15 years old, and everything to do with the aluminum foil fire, I've been told.

Also, I forget that all of my recipe baking temperatures are in Fahrenheit, not Celsius. So I was trying to get the oven to 752 F (400C). How the biscuits are even edible is a little beyond me.

My initial plan for dinner was a spanish style potato veggie casserole, which obviously didn't work because the oven was broken. So I had to think of a quick Plan B, and it worked out pretty well. Chicken with carrots, broccoli and rice. And we'll take the casserole we put together to his brother's house tomorrow night. And Friday we will shop for a new oven/microwave.

Later on we walked to his brother and sister-in-law's for a visit and so I could get some fresh air. Working from home, especially when the weather is as crappy as it's been the last few days, leads to me staying inside all day. We ended up walking home in the rain because I forgot the umbrella.  Again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment